Boise Inc. is a manufacturer and seller of diversified packaging and paper products. We have an experienced management team with a unique culture – truly engaging employees at all levels in running the business – and a disciplined strategic approach.
We continue to grow our packaging business through combinations of acquisitions and internal investment. These investments will build on the company's presence in the linerboard, corrugated container, protective packaging, and specialty label and release markets. Boise Inc. is also the third-largest North American player in uncoated freesheet paper, with a focus on cut-size office papers. We are committed to delivering excellent value to our customers and generating returns for our investors while managing our businesses to sustain environmental resources for future generations.
Boise Packaging – 2012 sales: $1.1 billion
- Our mill in DeRidder, Louisiana, produces containerboard (linerboard) and newsprint. This facility has an annual linerboard production capacity of 608,000 short tons and one of the largest linerboard machines in North America.
- We manufacture and sell corrugated linerboard, which is used to manufacture corrugated sheets and containers, and newsprint. Corrugated containers are used in the packaging of fresh fruit and vegetables, processed food, beverages, and other industrial and consumer products. We also manufacture protective packaging products at plants located in North America and Europe.
- During 2012, our corrugated container and sheet feeder plants consumed (either directly or through trades with other containerboard producers) approximately 84% of our containerboard production, including the linerboard manufactured in DeRidder and the corrugating medium manufactured by our paper segment.
Boise Paper – 2012 sales: $1.5 billion
- We are the third-largest North American manufacturer of uncoated freesheet paper products with annual production capacity of approximately 1.2 million short tons.
- We manufacture and sell a range of papers, including communication papers, packaging -driven papers, and market pulp from three of our mills located in the United States.
- Communication papers consist of imaging papers for the office and home, known as cut-size office papers, and printing and converting papers (including business forms, envelopes, and commercial paper products). Our premium papers include 100% recycled, high bright, and colored cut-size office papers.
- Our packaging-driven papers include label and release papers and corrugating medium.
- We focus our product mix on communication-driven and packaging-driven papers to better align ourselves with changing end markets.